EXUMA - The watch for sea lovers
TIDES is the new Swiss brand specialised in creating exclusive watches capable of monitoring tide cycles. TIDES addresses an important need of those who sail by sea or practice sports such as scuba-diving and surfing.
More specifically, the EXUMA model represents an absolute novelty. It is the first fully-fledged nautical analogue watch that can be used on the wrist or applied to the nautical wheel or placed on the dashboard or table. Wherever you are in the world EXUMA accurately indicates and details tide phases, as well as hours and minutes outstanding before their change, and therefore modifying marine currents.
A must-have object for both personal and professional use. For navigation in coastal areas heavily influenced by the presence of tides or scuba-diving activity in areas where it is necessary to know with accuracy the short period between high and low tide (slack tides), when currents come to a halt.
A cutting edge product has been created, combining accuracy, functionality and tradition with a look characterised by an original and exclusive design.
- The particular trident shaped hand indicates the time of the tide and the lenght of before the occurance of slack tides.
- The screw-locking crowns for the adjustment of various functions (time/date, tide, moon phases) are placed at "12 o'clock" position, to aid maximum free movement of the wrist.
- The tidal readings function is in a prominent position in relation to the time display: the external part of the watch-face is completely dedicated to this function and is subdivided into two intervals of 6h 12min 37sec - the average duration of each of the 4 daily tides.
- The watch face shows an anchor at "12 o'clock" and at "6 o'clock",to highlight the period of high and low tide.
- Inside the watch face, the reading of the tide’s progress is aided by the use of colour shades.
- The strap, made of breathable cloth and looped under the case, is hypoallergenic to skin contact aiding perspiration and it is available in 8 different shades to be combined with the watch face colour.
- The use of the colour red on some of the numbers highlights very clearly the dangerous periods of low tide.
- To allow for easy and elegant use as a table watch, a tailor-made support has been crafted out of an ingot of fine wood, recreating the form of a catamaran. For different types of usage, supports for fixing the watch close to the instrument panel or for wall mounting, as well as applying it to the steering wheel/rudder, are available upon request.
Technical specifications and details
- Water resistant to 10 ATM/100mt
- Case: semi-octagonal in titanium, satin finish
- Stainless steel back
- Three screw-locking crowns for the adjustment of the functions
- Three quartz rotating motors, supplying exclusive ISA movement, calliper n. 8272/6003
- Mineral glass
- Luminescent hour-minute hands in superluminova
- Moon phases indicator
- End-of-life battery indicator
- Iridescent Readings on three levels
- Nylon strap - with 8 adjustments and 8 different colours and steel tongue. Two colour variations included in the standard features